Thursday, October 04, 2012

~ A Patch On My Soul ~


mixed media artist, mixed media art, travel artist, travel patch, oil painting, watercolour paintings

"A Patch On My Soul"
September 2012
Mixed Media
24" x 48"
$1000.00 CAD

I am so proud to present my newest piece "A Patch On My Soul".  This original artwork which was revealed at The Sunnyside Beach Juried Art Show and Sale, represents the intense impact each visited country has on my soul.  As a passionate world traveller I seek not only the sights and sounds of a new location but the impact the culture and people will have on who I am as a person.  Every country, even city/town, is unique and therefore teaches me something new about myself or affects me in a different way.  There is truly no experience more exhilarating.

The background of the art piece is abstracted and was created using watercolour pencils, watercolour pastels, and watercolour paint.  It represent the wild and changing spirit of the traveller.  The travel patches, which were applied using thing washes of oil paint and coloured pencils (texture seen up close - continue for detailed images) represent the locations that are making their permanent imprint on the traveller's soul.  I have chosen to represent the locations Scotland, England, Netherlands, Italy,  Croatia, Greece, and Turkey as these are some of the places I have personally visited and have found to have the most impact thus far.

I hope you enjoy my new artwork!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

THE DETAILS
mixed media artist, mixed media art, travel artist, travel patch, oil painting, watercolour paintings




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Keep up the great work. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete