Sunday, January 23, 2011

=x+- Mocking American Intelajince -+x= -

!!! Sold to a Sudbury Teacher !!!

original artwork, original paintings, abstract painting, mixed media art, mixed media artist

January 07-09 2011
Acrylic, Paper, Gloss medium, and Lacquer on Canvas
16" x 20"
SOLD

I was spending the night alone one Friday night when I decided it had been too long since I just let my creative juices do as they please. I pulled out the acrylic paint and squirted globs all over the canvas. I took a big brush and blended them together. Then I realized it looked something like a kindergaten painting which sparked my interest in education. I decided book pages would look nice. Having found the best pages I could possibly have asked for I pasted the pages from the American Spelling Book onto the canvas. I looked at it once and decided it was too bright and happy. It did not reflect the way I was feeling. I then put a thick coat of gloss medium mixed with acrylic paint onto the enitre piece. I felt this dimmed the messages in the pages so I pasted new pages onto the piece. I then deicded the piece needed an antique look so I threw a black wash in areas. Then to top off the entire piece I splashed white gold lacquer on the canvas. After creating this spontanerous piece I realized it represented my angst towards not being able to serve my lifes purpose, TEACH. This fact is constantly on my mind and I guess it just needed to come out.

Please let me know what you think of this spur of the moment piece!

original artwork, original paintings, abstract painting, mixed media art, mixed media artist


original artwork, original paintings, abstract painting, mixed media art, mixed media artist

original artwork, original paintings, abstract painting, mixed media art, mixed media artist


No comments:

Post a Comment