Sunday, January 16, 2011

---> STAGE 1: Watercolour Under Painting <---


I've had a lot of inquiries about the progress of my beauty series so I thought I would give you beautiful girls an update after every stage. As many of you already know, this series is all about inner beauty versus exterior beauty. The more I think about this concept the more complex it gets. I began thinking about how we "make" ourselves beautiful. Most of us, if not all of us, have a regimented routine that we use to "beautify" ourselves. We brush our teeth, shower, do our hair, and then our makeup, etc, etc. I'm sure we all have different stages and do them in different orders but for the most part women have a "beautifying" routine that mimics the assembly lines of a factory. In order to mock this stage like process I thought I would use the same process to create this 36 piece series. The very first stage of this process was to paint all 36 watercolour under paintings based on the colours you felt best represented your personality or inner beauty. So here they are! I hope you all enjoy them! If you have the time please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I would LOVE to hear from all of you!

Thanks again to all of you beautiful women for your kindness and support!


















1 comment:

  1. wow... looks cool so far. I love the colours, such a variety! I am looking forward to seeing the next step. Great work Malinda!

    ReplyDelete