Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another Piece Has Sold :D

Jessica Daggett - Markstay - Ontario
I'm so very happy to share with you all that the beautiful Jessica Daggett from Markstay, Ontario has purchased my piece "The Sad Fate of a Gingerbread Man". This piece infuses the negative space rather than the positive space. It depicts a gingerbread man being cut to pieces by a butter knife. This is of course mundane and normal yet because the negative space is activated, symbolizing blood, the viewer feels sorrow for the cookie. This is an incredibly important piece to me because it is the first piece I created while attending the Fine Arts/Visual Arts program at Nipissing University. Jess, thank you so much for your support! I hope you enjoy the piece! :D

charcoal artist, charcoal drawing, original artwork, gingerbreadman, cookie art

No comments:

Post a Comment