Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Artist Guest Speaker at TAIE International Institute



Artist Guest Speaker
Secondary School Presentation
TAIE International Institute


Remember that time I did a presentation for a Secondary School class? I don't blame you! I barely spoke of it! I was still trying to pull myself out of a depression and come to terms with my newly (and finally!) diagnosed disease but when the opportunity arose to speak to this art class I jumped at the chance. Since seeing success as a full-time artist I had wanted to do presentations for students. I'm an Ontario Certified Teacher (just renewed the other day! You?) but I haven't taught in many years ... almost seven now ... and I was really looking forward to a little taste of the classroom again. I do miss having students and shaping young lives. I can only hope I'm making some small impact with my art and online presence. But more than missing teaching, I wanted to spread the word that it IS possible to be a successful artist, something no one, even in my own arts specialized secondary school, ever promoted or encouraged. I will never make it sound easy, it sure as heck isn't, but it is possible. I have been shaped by the ups and downs of life and I feel I have so much I can share that might benefit the generations to come. This was a beautiful moment and I am so glad I was able to rise to the occasion and achieve something I had always wanted to do. As always, many blessings! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment