Monday, November 29, 2010

~=~ The Burrow ~=~

harry potter art, abstract art, oil painting, custom art, original artwork, original paintings

I am incredibly proud of this newly finished commissioned piece called "The Burrow". It is my first free style attempt at a large scale (48"x36") abstract piece and I think it turned out beautifully. This piece now presides in the patron's, Gail Knecht’s, home (see picture). Though the piece was entirely done in free style abstract, and it was never my intention to portray any particular scene, I do see a scene that exudes comfort and warmth. The brown line in the middle sets up a horizon where the sun seems to be rising. This rising sun is setting a luminous reflection into a body of water. The darker mass seems like a cottage or old house which stands erect in a nice warm field or forest again shedding its colourful reflection into a mass of water. It is because of this scene that I've chosen to call it "The Burrow".

If you are interested in commissioning a piece please do not hesitate to contact me at Info@MalindaPrudhomme.com.

harry potter art, abstract art, oil painting, custom art, original artwork, original paintings

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece, it makes you want to look, look again and then keep looking..... awesome!

    ReplyDelete